Thursday, April 26, 2012

P C Richard & Son Review

In my attempt to go green and buy appliances from mortar and brick stores (thus cutting down on the triple shipping that is the baneful effect of internet shopping), I hit up multiple stores on the UES and downtown to find the perfect microwave.  Trying to find a store with a large selection of microwaves in New York is sort of like trying to find reasonably priced groceries here: Good Luck!

At Bed, Bath and Beyond, there were three microwaves to be seen.  At Best Buy, I think it was down to two.  At P.C. Richards, they had somewhere around 30 microwaves.  Wait, wait...am I still in New York?  Hey, and the sales lady even talked to me!  Plus, when I chose the microwave where the only one left was the display microwave, they bubble-wrapped it, carried it for me out the door, and flagged down a cab.  I am all done with internet shopping for appliances.  A good service brick and mortar store deserves what few bucks I might have to spend. (I think I see vacuum cleaner shopping in my future...and maybe a splurge on a blender.)

205 E 86th Street
New York, NY 10028
(212) 289-1700

No comments:

Post a Comment