So I took a Tuscan cooking class here back in 2009 and wasn't too keen on the experience. The teacher was crabby, the food was ok and I felt like I didn't really learn much as I felt rushed during the entire process. It wasn't ALL bad, but I wasn't thrilled.
Fast-forward to 2012 where I signed up for 2 different baking courses hoping to learn how to bake from a pro and not Martha Stewart. Well. The experience was a complete 180 from the previous. The class begins with an overview of all the recipes, with some quick tips thrown in which only an experienced baker would know about. Then we're split up into pairs and we get to pick what we want to make. I loved that we got to choose, because I REALLY wanted to make the most complicated recipes on the list. What better way to learn than head first!
Anyway, we all baked to our hearts content and at the end got to decorate our little projects to our liking and even got to swap treats with the other students. All in all, I really have no complaints. The teacher was amazing, patient and knowledgeable which was why I decided to take both classes with her. I learned so much and was left feeling like I can take on the baking world!!
50 W 23rd St
(between 5th Ave & East 23rd St)
New York, NY 10010
Neighborhood: Flatiron
(212) 847-0700
No comments:
Post a Comment